Fomer Editor, Andhra Patrika
PUBLICATIONS in Telugu (Based on Research)
- “GAUTAMI SATYAGRAHA ASHRAMAM – SITANAGARAM” 2000 Vishalandra
- “ANDHRA PATRIKA CHARITRA” 2004, Press Academy of Andhra Pradesh, Government of Andhra Pradesh Publication; (won best book, Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University 2006)
- “SWATANTRA PORATAM: JOURNALISTS YODHULU, JAILU SIKSHALU” Press Academy of Andhra Pradesh, Government of Andhra Pradesh Publication
- “VISISTA PURASKARAM AWARD”, Dr. Ramineni Foundation – 2008
- “SENIOR FELLOWSHIP AWARD”, Ministry of Culture – 2007 to 2009
1991 – 2015 : a freelance journalist
1956 – 1991 : Andhra Patrika, the oldest Telugu Daily established in 1914 by Desoddharaka Kasinadhuni Nageswara Rao
1986 – 1991 : Editor, Andhra Patrika
1956 – 1985 : Worked in various capacities such as Staff Reporter, Sub-Editor, Chief Sub-Editor, Asst. Editor, Deputy Editor, at Chennai, Vijayawada and Hyderabad.
1954 – 1956 : “GODAVARI”, Telugu Daily worked as Sub-Editor, at Rajahmundry
1953 : “PRAJA PATRIKA”, Telugu Daily, established by Andhra Kesari Tanguturi Prakasam at Madras, Sub-Editor cum Reporter
- Reported the proceeding of ALL INDIA SARVODAYA CONFERENCE IN 1961, inaugurated by Babu Rajendra Prasad, then the President of India, at Ungutur, West Godavari, Dr, A.P. Jaya Prakash Narayan and All India leaders of Sarvodaya participated.
- Covered AICC session in Guntur in 1964
- Covered the tours of Dr. S.Radhakrishanan (President), Pandit Jawaharlala Nehru, Smt. Indira Gandhi, Prime ministers, Sir N.Sanjeeva Reddy and D. Sanjeevaiah (Congress Presidents) in the Andhra region.
- Also covered the ALL India Conference of C.P.I at Tenali, Guntu District, when the party broke into two as CPI and CPI(M).
Born on August 12, 1932, Indukurupeta, Rajahmundry India
Graduate in Arts (Economics) – 1952, Government College of Arts, Rajahmundry
- Late Sri Chandrupatla Hanumanth Rao, Freedom Fighter, discontinued studies and particapated in Non-Cooperation Movement , imprisoned for 4 ½ years during Salt Satyagraha and individual Satyagraha , stayed at Sabarmati Ashram from August 1929 to March 1930 and followed Gandhiji in Dandi March as the representative of Sitanagara Ashram. One of the five editors of the “Congress” weekly, arrested and imprisoned under Seditious Act in 1930.
- Spouse – Smt. Sarojini C, retired Chief Librarian, Government Degree College, Begumpet, is the daughter of a freedom-fighter. They have a son, Sridhar and a daughter, Sailaja.